The European Marine Science Educator Association (EMSEA) is a non-profit organisation committed to boost ocean literacy in Europe. EMSEA provides a platform for ocean education in the different European regional seas.
EMSEA was founded in 2011 inspired by the example of NMEA and became an official organisation in 2016.
The rational of EMSEA is educational and predominately scientific but recognizes that the ocean has a place in all disciplines.
EMSEA’s goals are to:
• Stimulate dialogue between European and international marine educators and scientists;
• Provide training and teaching materials to support marine educators;
• Raise educators awareness of ocean issues and the need for a sustainable future for our coasts, seas and oceans.
EMSEA’s main activities are:
• Organize workshops and conferences for marine educators;
• Provide a web portal with links for marine education and research-based materials;
• Provide a forum for members feedback and communication.