The European Marine Science Educators Association (EMSEA) is an informal non-profit organization which provides a platform for ocean education and promoting ocean literacy within Europe.
The rational of EMSEA is educational and scientific.
The particular goals and activities of EMSEA are the following:
- Stimulate dialogue between European and international marine educators and scientists
- Provide training and teaching materials to support marine educators
- Raise educators awareness of ocean issues and the need for a sustainable future for our coasts, seas and oceans
- to organise workshops and conferences for marine educators
- to build a web portal with links to providers of marine educational and research-based materials
- to provide a forum for members feedback and communication